Naumov Evgeniy Olegovich, Postgraduate student, senior laboratory assistant, sub-department of Russian history, Historical and Sociological Institute, Ogarev Mordovia State University (68 Bolshevistskaya street, Saransk, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The relevance of the chosen topic is caused by an increased public interest to the problems of participation of the Republic of Mordovia in the Civil War. Its consequences had a decisive impact on all spheres of Soviet society. The purpose of the article is to research the contribution of the local authorities of the Saransk district to the creation of the Eastern Front’s 1st Army.
Materials and methods. The source base, using which the author attempted to achieve the goal, consists of the documents retrieved from the collection of the Russian State Military Archive and the Central State Archive of the Republic of Mordovia. In addition the researcher used the published sources, including the memories of the contemporaries. Through the use of the historical-comparative, historical-typological, historical-systematic methods the author was able to correlate the various estimates of the contemporaries on the contribution of the local staff into establishment of the 1st Army, to systematize the main areas of relationship, conditions and dynamics thereof.
Results. The author considered several areas of interaction between the staff of the mobilization department and the local authorities, including soldiers’ accomodation in barracks, supply of food, uniforms, weapons. The distinguishing feature of this cooperation was the pressure and interference of the army staff into the affairs of the local authorities.
Conclusions. Studying the experience of this relationship allows to conclude about a positive success of the union between the army and the territorial governments, and its beneficial effect on the process of formationof the Red Army in conditions of weak organization of the central military leadership.
mobilization department, 1st army of the Eastern Front, Civil War in Mordovia, military commissariat (recruitment office), party organization.
1. Zhiganov M. F. Poslantsy V. I. Lenina v Mordovii (1917–1919 gg.) [Envoys of V. I. Lenin in Mordovia (1917–1919)]. Saransk: Mord. kn. izd-vo, 1978, 336 p.
2. Istoriya sovetskogo krest'yanstva Mordovii: v 2 ch. [History of Soviet peasantry in Mordovia: in 2 parts]. Saransk: Mord. kn. izd-vo, 1987, part 1, 264 p.
3. Korsakov I. M., Romanov M. I. Iz istorii Mordovii v gody Grazhdanskoy voyny [From the history of Mordovia during the Civil War]. Saransk: Mord. kn. izd-vo, 1958, 189 p.
4. Kokhanets L. A. Vlast' i obshchestvo: Mordoviya v period «voennogo kommunizma» (1918–1920): dis. kand. ist. nauk [Authorities and society: Mordovia in the period of “military communism” (1918–1920): dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of historical sciences]. Saransk, 2001, 337 p.
5. Yurchenkov V. A. Vlast' i obshchestvo: rossiyskaya provintsiya v period sotsial'nykh kataklizmov 1918–1920 gg. [ Authorities and society: Russian provinces in the period of social cataclysms of 1918–1920]. Saransk: NII gumanitarnykh nauk pri Pravitel'stve Respubliki Mordoviya, 2010, 440 p.
6. Mordoviya v period uprocheniya Sovetskoy vlasti i Grazhdanskoy voyny. Dokumenty i materialy [Mordovia in the period of the Soviet power consolidation and the Civil War. Documents and materials]. Saransk: Mord. kn. izd-vo, 1959, 423 p.
7. Otchet Mobilizatsionnogo otdela 1-y Revolyutsionnoy armii Vostochnogo fronta o deyatel'nosti po provedeniyu mobilizatsii za vremya s 15-go avgusta 1918 g. po 1-e maya 1919 g. [Report of the Mobilization department of the 1st Revolutionary army of the Eastern Front on mobilization activities from 15th August 1918 til 1st May 1919]. Saransk: Tipografiya uezdnogo Soveta, 1919, 159 p.
8. Perepiska Sekretariata TsK RKP(b) s mestnymi partiynymi organizatsiyami (avgust – oktyabr' 1918 g.) [Correspondence of the Secretariat of the RKP(b) with local party organizations (August-October 1918)]. Moscow: Politizdat, 1969, coll. 4, 515 p.
9. Tsentral'nyy gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Respubliki Mordoviya (dalee – TsGA RM) [Central State Archive of the Republic of Mordovia (TsGA RM)]. F. R-37. Op. 1. D. 28.
10. TsGA RM. F. R-37. Op. 1. D. 8.
11. Rossiyskiy gosudarstvennyy voennyy arkhiv (dalee – RGVA) [Russian State Military Archive (RGVA)]. F. 157. Op. 3. D. 1042.
12. RGVA. F. 157. Op. 3. D. 911.
13. TsGA RM. F. R-50. Op. 1. D. 14.
14. Simbirskaya guberniya v gody Grazhdanskoy voyny (may 1918 g. – mart 1919 g.) [Simbirsk province during the Civil War (May 1918 – March 1919)]. Ulyanovsk: Ul'yanovsk. kn. izd-vo, 1958, vol. 1, 488 p.
15. TsGA RM. F. R-326. Op. 1. D. 3.
16. TsGA RM. F. R-37. Op. 1. D. 16.
17. RGVA. F. 157. Op. 2. D. 1049.
18. Koritskiy N. I. Simbirskaya guberniya v 1918–1920 gg. Sbornik vospominaniy [Simbirsk province in 1918–1920. Memoirs collection]. Ulyanovsk: Ul'yanovsk. kn. izd-vo, 1958, pp. 49–69.
19. TsGA RM. F. R-326. Op. 2. D. 1.
20. TsGA RM. F. R-37. Op. 1. D. 14.
21. TsGA RM. F. R-50. Op. 1. D. 40.
22. TsGA RM. F. 327-P. Op. 1. D. 8.
23. TsGA RM. F. R-326. Op. 2. D. 1.
24. TsGA RM. F. R-37. Op. 1. D. 21.
25. TsGA RM. F. R-326. Op. 2. D. 3.
26. TsGA RM. F. R-9. Op. 1. D. 1.
27. TsGA RM. F. R-38. Op. 1. D. 4.
28. Kuznetsov G. TsGA RM. F. 5977-P. Op. 2. D. 8. L. 50–60.
29. TsGA RM. F. 327-P. Op. 1. D. 73.
30. TsGA RM. F. 327-P. Op. 1. D. 7.
31. TsGA RM. F. 327-P. Op. 1. D. 12.
32. TsGA RM. F. R-50. Op. 1. D. 11.